Mentoring for Growth Programme
Mentoring Statement of Understanding
This agreement (the “Agreement”) sets out the terms and conditions regarding the provision of mentoring services:
1.The proposed Mentor will be acting as a volunteer in providing mentorship, and not as a professional mentor.
2. For the duration of the mentoring relationship between the Mentor and the Mentee there will be no form of paid contract or paid arrangement between them and no fees, sums of money or gifts shall be given by one party to the other.
3. As a volunteer, the Mentor will be acting in a personal capacity, not on behalf of his/her employer, nor on behalf of the Provider or any other organisation.
4. The Mentee and his/her employer (and any company in that employer’s group) acknowledges and accepts that the Mentor and/or his/her employer (and any other company in that employer’s group) will have no liability towards the Mentee or his/her employer (or any other company in that employer’s group) in relation to the mentorship provided and/or the acts and/or omissions of the Mentor, and the Mentee waives any rights, claims and causes of action it may have at any time against the Mentor and/or his/her employer (or any other company in that employer’s group) based on the mentorship provided and/or the acts and/or omissions of the Mentor.
5. The Mentor (and his/her employer, and any company in that employer’s group) will have no liability to the Mentee (and his/her employer and any other company in that employer’s group) in respect of any advice given,
6. The Mentee acknowledges that the scope of the advice given by the Mentor will be of a general nature only and will be given without full knowledge of all the facts and circumstances concerning the Mentee and his/her position in an organisation.
7. The Mentee acknowledges that he/she must interpret and assess such advice in the light of all the facts and circumstances known to him/her, and must take full responsibility for his/her own decisions, acknowledging that he/she will not rely on the Mentor in making decisions or taking any action.
8. The Mentor and Mentee are both expected to act in good faith in their relationship with each other. They are also both expected to keep confidential any information that comes to light regarding each other and their respective employer’s businesses during the course of the relationship.
9. The Mentor acknowledges that he/she must not pass any confidential, proprietary or security classified information of his/her employer and its group companies, or in his/her employer’s or its group companies’ possession, to the Mentee (or the Mentee’s employer or any company in its employer’s group).
10. If either the Mentor or the Mentee have issues with their relationship, then they should contact the Growth Hub Programme Manager immediately.
11. The number of meetings and/or engagements between the Mentor and the Mentee will be agreed between the two parties to a maximum of 12 months.
12. The Mentee acknowledges that he/she will notify his/her employer of this arrangement and will pass a copy of this agreement to his/her employer.
Mentoring Code of Conduct
- Mentoring is a confidential activity, and both mentor and mentee should observe this.
- All colleagues, mentees and potential mentees to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Endeavour to enhance understanding and acceptance of mentoring wherever possible.
- It is the role of the mentor to respond to the mentee’s development requirements and not to impose their own agenda.
- The mentor at all times must remain professional and not enter into any personal relationship with the mentee.
- The position of third parties e.g. line managers and colleagues must be respected by both mentor and mentee.
- The mentor should not try and intrude into any areas that the mentee wants to keep private.
- The mentor shall share knowledge, experience and skills with fellow mentors to enhance learning and development.
- At all times the mentor shall respect the core values and principles of Be the Business and The Growth Company and maintain the highest levels of professionalism.
The parties acknowledge and agree to the above terms and conditions of the Agreement.